Thursday, March 8, 2012

Don't even scratch your nose

I forgot to mention the other exciting thing!  This weekend, within walking distance from my home there will be a craaaaazy auction featuring works by Magritte, Picasso, Lichtenstein, Miro, Delvaux, Renoir, Christo, Giacometti, Modigliani, and Rodin, among other things like 1000 bottles of expensive wine, furniture, and so on.

My Grandma and I have enjoyed an auction or two together, but I have never been to anything like this.  As an art school kid (and a lover of old funky objects they don't make like they used to,) this tickles me so very much.  I think I may have started sweating after reading only half the list of artists.

We are hoping to go, view the items pre-auction, and then sit completely motionless and amazed as people with far more money than we have engage in bidding wars.  And in the unlikely event that nobody wants the Modigliani or one of the Magrittes, I happen to have a space above the mantlepiece here that could use a little something should they care to donate it to a good home.

No comments:

Chitika