Thursday, December 15, 2011

In which I hit the fast-forward button.

I'm so exhausted from the excitement.  First: I still have no idea what exactly is going on with my job-status, but I'm getting closer to figuring it out thanks to the fine people who are trying to steer me in the right direction here.  Will I do this training or that one?  Will I receive some kind of tiny financial safety net from the government or not?  I don't know!  It's a little adventure, this job upheaval, it is.  Will something good come of it?  I think it has to, one way or the other.  I have to make something good come from the absolute crap-havoc hurting my back has brought into my life over the past few months.

SECOND... We get to be with my family for Christmas!  I'm so excited, it's like there are blinking neon lights in my head, making that buzzy neon-light sound, and making it very difficult for me to concentrate on the things I need to finish up here before we go ... like the chocolates I have to finish before Sunday?

Anyhow, it's the fast forward button because now everything here in Liège becomes compressed to essentials over the next few days.  Christmas plans we made for here we must now undo, and after we leave the house to catch our flight in just a few short days, we'll just be rolling with the punches for a couple of weeks right into the New Year.  We pretty much have nothing planned and this was all a rather spur of the moment and "hey look there are four seats left on this flight" kind of thing.

Eeeee!  I'll get to see my sisters 3 little munchkins on Christmas morning.  I won't have to hear how Christmas dinner isn't the same without us at the table because WE'LL BE THERE!

It's not quite a miracle, but it's definitely a good surprise.  Even if the rest of me is buzzing with nervous energy, the cockles of my heart feel slightly warmer today.

1 comment:

growningrace said...

So jealous that you get to be home for holidays.

I waited 2 hours too long to book my flight and by the time I got there, all the cheap tickets were gone.

Please have a timbit for me.

Happy holidays.

Chitika