Wednesday, September 21, 2011

If you need me, I'll be in bed.

Week two of "you may do nothing" as ordered by the doctor.  Muscle relaxants have now been added to the drug-list, and I'm supposed to take my first tonight before bed.  I hate taking medication, but I hate not being able to do anything even more, so I'll do it.

My back has gotten a bit better, but not nearly enough to say that I'm good for much of anything.  Doing nothing is maddening.  I've devoured many magazines, watched many movies, and generally have refined the art of using time without using the body.  Thankfully, I have also lost the weight I put on right after this happened, since extra weight's not so good for the spine.  My stomach finally seems to have made peace with the reality that no moving = less food.

It was a different doctor I saw yesterday (mine's on vacation,) and he thinks it might be the beginnings of a herniated disc.  The good news is that even if it is, these usually improve with rest, but the bad news is it would never be as good as new.

And still no scan has been done, which means it's really all opinions and waiting right now.
Back to bed.

No comments:

Chitika