Friday, December 31, 2010

Time to say goodbye.

Dear 2010, I'm leaving you.

The fact is, what we had wasn't great to begin with, and now that we've been together awhile I realize that you really haven't been very kind, not just to me but to most of my friends as well.  You may not want to hear this, but I think you need to realize that a lot of people are calling you "bleak", "chaotic" and "depressing", and I'd have to agree with them... you've been a bit of a downer and I'm not the only one who's tired of your antics.

It's not that we haven't had our good times, and our laughs, and it's not that I don't value all the things I've learned from the time I've spent with you, (I do,) it's just that I need to move on to a year that is better suited to my interests and goals, one that is a little more balanced and optimistic than you've been.

I promise you that our time together is something I'll never forget, but it's time now for me to say goodbye.

1 comment:

Mons Ben said...

Is this 'a bientot' or 'that's all folks, I'm done with this blog lark?' I hope not.

Chitika