Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I ate it.

Milka is one of the lower-quality milk chocolates available at consumer level here in Belgium.  Daim is a sort of toffee of scandinavian origin, I'm told.

As you can see, this bar isn't nearly as full of toffee bits as the package would indicate.  There wasn't really a "crunch factor" involved when eating the bar because of this scarcity.

Though I'd say the Daim bits did lift the flavour of Milka's chocolate, (making this bar more palatable than most of the overly-sweet-and-somewhat-waxy-in-texture Milka products,) at the end of the day there just wasn't enough Daim to make this bar live up to the promise of the package.

Though they changed their formula about 10 years ago; using cheaper chocolate and toffee, I'd still put a Skor bar above the Milka & Daim bar.

This said, the Heath bar remains my first choice for toffee-chocolate combos.

2 comments:

wildsleep said...

The scandi version of the milka daim bar (but daim is, afaik, Swedish anyway): http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/10122421

Everyone here attests to the greatness of Marabou.

I just prefer the plain ol' DAIM bar!

Aron said...

100% agree! :)

Chitika