Thursday, April 22, 2010

Iceland






Coinciding with the eruption of Eyjafjallajökull, I stumbled across the trailer for "Heima" a documentary that covers the return of Sigur Ros to their homeland (Iceland,) in 2006 after touring the world.  Upon their return home, they performed an unannounced tour of surprise concerts in breathtaking, isolated, wild, and intimate venues.  I have since watched it, and it is an intimate portrait of a band I knew little of, but always knew about.  The visual aspect is beautiful, and features landscapes I have yet to see with my own eyes, but have dreamed of seeing (and hearing, and recording,) for more than a decade, now.  It fuels my desire to go there, and makes me think that I'll need at least a month.


For now I'll have to settle for breathing small bits of Iceland in.  (While I thought of this romantically, when I told boyfriend he asserted immediately that it was not toxic.)


"As much as I definitely enjoy solitude, I wouldn't mind, perhaps, spending little time with you sometimes, sometimes"

No comments:

Chitika