Sunday, February 7, 2010

While I was in Amsterdam, my ISP seems to have been the one smoking weed.

We've just arrived home, and I cannot believe how SLOOWWWWLY my internet is running.  I am so very non-enthused at the idea of uploading pictures with my connection crawling along at snail's pace as it is.

So for now, I will be brief, and then try to sort out a proper post while decompressing from dealing with the horde tomorrow.

Why Amsterdam? - I've never been there, and figured I should see it.  It seems pretty.  It's only a 2.5 hour drive from here.

Really...no drugs or red light district visit? - As for the drugs and prostitutes thing, whatever.  If I really wanted drugs I could go to Maastricht which is a 20 minute drive, and we have window-prostitutes in Liège, so not exactly new thrills.  We did walk through the red-light district however, since it's also China-town, and we wanted asian food for lunch today.  (FYI - "Tasty Asia" on Amstelstraat gets two thumbs up.

Good Hotel? - We were pretty pleased.  We stayed at Hotel V, a nice little boutique design-hotel which is about one kilometer away from the centre.  For Amsterdam, very good pricing too, including a varied and nicely put together breakfast.  Would not hesitate to stay there again.

Buy anything? - A lovely pair of earrings.  And a crazy fuzzy earflap hat I have given a ridiculous name.  Because I don't need drugs to be ridiculous. ^_^

No comments:

Chitika