Friday, February 26, 2010

The End of The Tunnel

Almost the end.

Today was a good day.  Was.  I was a regular domestic goddess, making boeuf bourguignon, bread, doing laundry, washing floors (on hands and knees no less, because it's more effective,) and figuring out more Toronto-trip things.  And now I am making one of the last three Nablopomo entries.  Something I've held onto doing, whether it was a good idea or not in the end...  I can be so stubborn sometimes, possibly even at the expense of what is good for everyone in the bigger picture.  It's always easier to see things as they are though, after we hit that extra illumination that comes as we near the end of a tunnel.  Like they say, "Hindsight is 20/20."

After dinner, we went for crêpes.  And the... accountant... made an appearance on the way home.  I caught scent of the ruse, and avoided placing myself in 'debt' after a few well placed questions indicated that it was, indeed a trap laid out before me.  I was also clear about my feelings how the accountant seemed not to understand the difference between generosity, and exchange.  The accountant asked me if I am generous.  Never mind the bourguignon, the bread, the floors, the laundry.  Never mind all of those little things... they are all the sorts of generosity that don't count for the accountant, despite that one of us does them much more than the other.  "Necessary, you live here too" says he.

Just... never mind.

*big sigh*
I'm going to bed.

2 comments:

Rob and Mandy said...

Greetings from Cyprus, enjoyed the blog, Regards

http://anewlifeincyprus.blogspot.com/

Jessica said...

Thank you, it seems you guys are living the dream in Cyprus!

Chitika