Friday, November 20, 2009

A scary (and possibly ill-advised) experiment

An international transfer of funds from my bank account here to my bank account back home.

When this was last tried it was Boyfriend trying to transfer funds from his account here in Belgium to an account we'd set up for him to receive the funds in Canada, and it totally didn't work.  Granted, the woman processing the transaction at his bank messed up and wrote down the wrong sequence of numbers, but thanks to her error by the time his money was bounced back to him he was several Euros lighter, and back at square one.

I sent a message to my bank outlining the information I needed from them.  They sent me what seems like some of the right information and some irrelevant information... possibly.  From exploring my bank website here, I was (crazily...what was I thinking?) led to believe that maybe I *did* have all the information I needed after all to initiate the transfer.  So I did.  And now I'm scared.

There are so many ways this could go wrong, and I'm just really hoping right now that this doesn't end up being some sort of expensive failure/learning experience.  Because that would suck.

I'll be nervously checking my Canadian account every day like a mother-hen.  Where is my money right now?  I don't know!  It's trying to navigate the void!  Why god, WHY did I decide to try this on a Friday?

No comments:

Chitika