Saturday, September 19, 2009

Guillemins

Last night was the inauguration of the new train station here in Liège.  It's actually a new station built on the same site as the old, but it's been a pretty massive undertaking, and I've had the chance to see it in progress the times I'd visited Boyfriend here before actually living here myself, not to mention the turbo-progress it underwent over the weeks leading up to last night (I work pretty much across the street from it.)  Some people love it, some hate it, but honestly after being inside it as a result of taking the train to Tournai, I gotta say it's pretty cool; a little like being inside a whale skeleton.  Because the station was set up for a spectacular opening show including opera, fireworks, horses, sound and lights, dancers, and cirque-du-soleil-style wire-suspended people, I'll wait until the screens and lighting rigs are down to take the next set of pictures, but this is Guillemins, pretty close to being finished.  (Shot on my way back from Tournai.)







No comments:

Chitika