Thursday, June 18, 2009

Banksy vs. Bristol Museum

People who know me well know that I have a real 'thing' for street art. Banksy is one of my faves because he's cheeky, political, and childish all at once. He is also amazingly technically proficient for someone who has to work quickly. So, imagine if a Museum gave an artist like this a budget, a venue, and access to media he can't normally use to get his ideas out to people.  The Bristol Museum did just that, and it's free to the public until the end of August.



The exhibition looks WICKED.

I'm looking up flight tickets and hostels now, and it looks like it's entirely possible for us to escape to Bristol for a weekend on the cheap. :D

1 comment:

Mons Ben said...

Ok, now I know why you went to Brizzle (how the locals call it.) And because it rhymes with drizzle, which it always does.

We went. I'll read on to see what you thought...

My partner remembers Banksy's first bit of work in Bristol when she was a student here.

Chitika